Spring Break is quickly approaching. Why not spend it with your favorite people in one of the most beautiful areas of Oklahoma – Hochatown and Broken Bow? Plan a stay with S'mores Luxury Cabins at www.smorescabins.com. From the road trip into the Broken Bow area, to the first time you walk through the Cabin's front door and then the first night in the most comfortable beds you can rest your head upon - Relaxation is assured. You will have the traditional Cabin in the Woods stay with nature surrounding, water views, breathtaking mountain views and so much more!
But what would Spring Break be without a little adventure?
But Spring Break isn't only about relaxation. It's also about adventure, so make sure to explore the great outdoors around Hochatown and Broken Bow. Take a float down the crystal clear mountain streams of Beavers Bend or grab your fishing pole and try your luck in one of their stocked lakes and ponds.
Beavers Bend Marina offers canoe, kayak and pontoon boat rentals. For a real Spring Break adventure, take the family on one of their guided fishing trips. Local fishing experts will tell you the fishing is a fantastic way to spend your time relaxing in Broken Bow. Perhaps the best way to get hooked on fishing in Broken Bow is to plan a fishing trip with a local fishing guide or tour to help you learn all the hot spots to cast your line. Here are a few great experts to help guide your trip:
Steve Branson – Professionally licensed by the Oklahoma Dept of Wildlife Conservation
• Premier Trout Guide the Lower Mountain Fork River as part of the pro staff of the Pautzke Bait Company.
• Also a pro member of FishPond USA, Yeti, and Filson
• Offers Kayak Fishing Trips for Trout
• Licensed spin cast and fly rod Trout Guide
• Offers Memorable, Professional and Informative River Experience
• Steve will clean and fillet your fish for you.
• Guides run all year – rain or shine.
Bryce Archey – Professionally licensed by the Oklahoma Dept of Wildlife Conservation
• Owner and Operator of Broken Bow Lake Guide Service
• 2nd Generation Guide with more than 30 years experience fishing Broken Bow Lake
• Can customize fishing trips for Smallmouth Bass, Largemouth Bass, Spotted Bass, White Bass, and Walleye (seasonal).
• Cater to most inexperienced and novice fishermen, but can adapt to any skill level and personal fishing goals.
• Bryce has been featured in many publications and televisions shows since the early 2000’s.
• Bryce is sponsored or on the Pro / VIP staff of the following groups:
- Falcon Rods
- Buckeye Lures
- Steve’s Marine
- Bruton’s Outdoors North
- War Eagle Custom Lures
Bob’s Guide Services – Fishing Guide and Boat Tours on Broken Bow and Hugo Lake
• Licensed and Insured
• Guided Sunrise, Mid-day, and Sunset Tours
• Half Day and Full Day Trips - Groups and Family Pets Welcome
• Trout, Catfish, Walleye, Big Crappie & Bass
• 7 Days / Week Booking
Broken Bow Lake Family Crappie Guide Service – KD Taylor - Professional Fishing Guide Service, Professional Crappie, Bass, and Walleye Guide
• Licensed by Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation
• Boat Tours, Water Sports, and Boat Tours
• Up to 7 people groups per trip
• Beginner to Avid Fishermen welcome
• Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass, Spotted / Kentucky Bass, White Bass / Sandbass, and Walleye (seasonal)
• Coldwater, Topwater, swimbait, worm, crankbait, drop shot, Garmin Panoptics, spinner bait and site (bedded) fishing Tactics offered.
Rudy’s Guide Service
• Licensed by Oklahoma Department of Wildlife
• Year Round Crappie Fishing Trips
• Specialize in Fishing for Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Spotted bass, Sandbass and Crappie
• No Fish, No Pay Policy – Guide, Tommy “Rudy” Rudisill guarantees that if you don’t catch fish, you don’t owe a dime.
• Group Trips – Ideal for Families – 1, 2, and 3 People
• Half Day and Full Day Trips
• All Rods and Tackle provided
See the amazing sights of nature just minutes away in Beaver's Bend State Park and enjoy some of the best hiking trails in the state! In fact, with the help of www.alltrails.com, we are sharing a list of the top 5 trails below.
Top Hiking Trails:
• Friends Trail Loop - Get to know this 1.5-mile loop trail near Broken Bow, Oklahoma. Generally considered a moderately challenging route, it takes an average of 43 min to complete. This is a very popular area for hiking and running, so you'll likely encounter other people while exploring.
• Tree Trail -
Try this 1.2-mile loop trail near Broken Bow, Oklahoma. Generally considered an easy route, it takes an average of 29 min to complete. This is a very popular area for hiking and walking, so you'll likely encounter other people while exploring. Dogs are welcome, but must be on a leash.
• Lookout Mountain Loop -
Enjoy this 2.9-mile loop trail near Broken Bow, Oklahoma. Generally considered a moderately challenging route, it takes an average of 1 h 26 min to complete. This is a very popular area for birding, hiking, and walking, so you'll likely encounter other people while exploring. The best times to visit this trail are April through October. Dogs are welcome, but must be on a leash.
• Cedar Bluff Nature Trail -
Head out on this 0.9-mile loop trail near Broken Bow, Oklahoma. Generally considered a moderately challenging route, it takes an average of 25 min to complete. This is a very popular area for birding, hiking, and running, so you'll likely encounter other people while exploring. The best times to visit this trail are March through October.
• Skyline Trail -
Discover this 9.5-mile loop trail near Broken Bow, Oklahoma. Generally considered a challenging route, it takes an average of 4 h 28 min to complete. This is a very popular area for birding, camping, and fishing, so you'll likely encounter other people while exploring. The trail is open year-round and is beautiful to visit anytime.
And perhaps the most thrilling adventures can be experienced in and around the Hochatown / Broken Bow area with local favorites such as:
• Beaver’s Bend Mining Company -
The Beaver’s Bend Mining Company is one of the popular local tourist destinations near Broken Bow Lake, where kids become explorers and get busy in the mining experience. It’s a perfect location to keep your children away from their electronic gadgets to have them a whole lot of fun through their imaginations.
• The Maze of Hochatown -
Imagine getting lost in a 29,000 square feet maze and finding the way out? Scary, exciting, and fun, isn’t it? That’s what visitors adoreabout the “Maze.” Although this attraction welcomes all ages, the real entertainment begins when kids beat the twists and turns and finally get back to mom and dad. There are several passageways, towers, and stairways, which helpthem navigate their way out.
• Bend Train Depot & Horseback Riding -
Your kids will be amazed to see the C.P. Huntington S.P. trainreplica at the Beavers Bend Depot and Trail Rides, originallymanufactured in 1863. Also known as the “Beavers Bend Train Depot and Horseback Riding,” the place offers hourly train and horse rides that come with free admission. Catching the train gives you a calm tour through Wahoo Hill around Beavers Bend State Park so that you can relish the stunning views of Mother Nature.
• Riverman Trail Rides
Want your kids to experience Western horseback riding? Well, this is the right spot. The Riverman Trail Rides is another chance to take your kids for horseback riding in Broken Bow while breathing the fresh air of natural sites, climbing, and crossing creeks and mountains.
• Rugaroo Adventures -
Zipline Tours are available with certified and trained guides that will take show you breathtaking scenery over a 6-line ziplane tour over forestry and lakes. What an incredible way to tour Broken Bow!
Or go off-road on a Swincar Tour enjoying 2 miles of Beaver's Bend State Park's beautiful scenery. Whether your adventures are in the air or on the ground - you will truly see some of the best views in Broken Bow!
And New to the Area in Spring 2023...
• Beavers Bend Safari Park -
Nestled on 90 acres in Broken Bow - Beavers Bend Safari Park is home to a variety of animals like Bison, Zebra, Ostrich, Kudu, Deer and more! Located just minutes from Beavers Bend Marina & Choctaw Casino, the Safari Park is an animal park that offers drive-thru safaris that is the perfect adventure for the whole family! Private Tours are Available!
With all these options for adventure and entertainment, why not make Spring Break 2023 unforgettable by taking an adventure in Hochatown/Broken Bow? Don't forget to bring your camera for this adventure filled week to capture your memories and treasure for a lifetime!
S'mores Cabins has an amazing Area Guide at www.smorescabins.com that will help you plan your stay in Broken Bow. Book your cabin stay and and start looking forward to a Spring Break of a a lifetime! We are pretty sure this trip will become an annual tradition and we love that idea for you!
S’mores Luxury Cabins has the following cabins for short term rentals available:
S’mores & Fishin’: Sleeps 20
S’mores Lakeview has spectacular views of Broken Bow Lake: Sleeps 30