Memorial Day Weekend
Remembrance, Togetherness, Adventure, Fun and BBQ!
Memorial Day weekend has a special place in the hearts of Americans everywhere. As we gather to remember those we have lost, traditionally we also have fun, spend time with our loved ones barbecuing and enjoying the outdoors. What better way to do all of this and so much more than a Memorial Day Weekend Getaway in Broken Bow, Oklahoma - the perfect destination for a Memorial Day family getaway that'll be talked about for years to come!
You can start off your adventure by firing up the barbecue and grilling some delicious treats together. Spend quality time with each other making memories that will last a lifetime. Then take advantage of all the outdoor activities available in beautiful Broken Bow – from nature walks through lush forests, to boating on pristine lakes, there’s something for everyone in your family.
This year, make sure you don’t miss out on the unique adventures in Broken Bow! Here is a top 12 Adventure List for you to plan your Memorial Day getaway in Broken Bow, Oklahoma. Make sure to book your Broken Bow luxury cabin stay with S'mores Sunrise Lakeview Lodge. Invite the whole family to enjoy this Memorial Day getaway. S'mores Sunrise Lakeview Lodge sleeps up to 30 people, has 2 game rooms, is pet friendly, handicap accessible and has 2 levels of outdoor living and entertainment on a massive deck that has mountain views as well as views of Broken Bow Lake!
There is truly something for everyone to enjoy in Broken Bow, Hochatown and Beavers Bend. Here is our top 12 list for Memorial Day Weekend 2023:
1. Beavers Bend Marina - Broken Bow Lake's Marina has boat rentals, guided fishing tours are available and rentals for seafood are also available.
2. Mountain Fork River - Go canoeing, kayaking or paddle boarding along the river and float the day away!
3. Helicopter Tours through Semper Fly Helicopters, a female veteran owned tour service that lets you get a bird's eye view on the beauty of the area forestry, lakes and mountains! Maybe you will even spot Bigfoot from above!
4. Hiking - The area is known for some of the most amazing hiking trails in Oklahoma. Get outdoors and appreciate nature while enjoying an adventure with the family.
5. Horseback riding is available through a couple of resources in the area.
• Riverman Trail Rides
• Beavers Bend Depot and Trail Rides
6. There are many local eating options, but our favorites for Memorial Day include Abendigos - with live music schedules and Phat Tabbs BBQ.
7. Perhaps the adults can get away for Wine Tasting and Brewery & Distillery Tours - We have these options to check out:
Girls Gone Wine
Fish Tales Winery
Knotted Rope Winery
Beavers Bend Brewery
Mountain Fork Brewery
Hochatown Distilling Co.
8. The Maze and the newly opened Chili Dippers Mini Golf – is sure to be a fun way to get lost and score big with the little ones!
9. Rugaru Adventures will keep the thrill seekers entertained with
• Off-Roading ATV
• Swincar Tours
10. The Broken Tiki Tour on Broken Bow Lake – Enjoy a fun filled Tiki themed pontoon boat ride with music, cocktails and yard games as you tour Broken Bow Lake. Need a ride to the boat? The Tiki Bus will get you there!
11. ATV, Jeep and Off-Road Rentals are available at
• Bandits ATV & Boat Rentals
• Bigfoot Rentals
• Slingshot Adventure Broken Bow
12. Beavers Bend Depot & Trail Rides – Enjoy a 15-20 minute train ride through the Beavers Bend State Park game reserve.
About S’mores Luxury Cabins
With S’mores Luxury Cabins we pride ourselves in providing the ultimate in luxury travel, convenience and superior customer service for our guests. We’ve decorated our cabins with love and provided all the amenities that we would want when traveling and hope our guests will thoroughly enjoy the experience. It is our goal to ensure our guests have a wonderful and memorable stay where you can just rest, relax, rejuvenate and reconnect with family. Mark and Shannon Swenson live in McKinney, Tx with their three children Ellie, Aston and Levi. Mark and Shannon self-manage their cabins to ensure the personal touch with guests and make sure to provide the experience guest deserve when taking time for travel with family or friends. Mark & Shannon are passionate about Hochatown and supporting the local community and growth.
If you’re planning to travel to this #1 Travel Destination in the US, S’mores Luxury Cabins is at your service. Our cabins are peaceful, well designed, have every convenience and most importantly, they are near to all the prominent points of interest and very central in town to the activities and restaurants. Make new memories and experience all that Broken Bow has to offer!
S’mores Luxury Cabins has the following cabins for short term rentals available: www.smorescabins.com
S’mores & Fishin’: Sleeps 20
S’mores Lakeview has spectacular views of Broken Bow Lake: Sleeps 30